1. Model - Thinkpad lenovo T61P (w/ Atheros 5k chip)

2. Modules
Ethernet - Works fine. Using Intel(R) PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
support (also have PCI Express installed, but I don't think its using
that one)
Wifi - Almost working. Will probably have issues with Androd's custom
commands sent to wpa_supplicant such as "DRIVER RSSI". Using Atheros
5xxx wireless card support.
Touchscreen - Screen semi-works (see 4.1). There is no touchscreen for
this system. Using VESA VGA graphics support & nvidia framebuffer
support.
Soundcard - Unsure. Did not try playing sound yet.

3. I will post the kernel config in the future.

4. Other remarks
4.1) alt+f1 will not show the console, but you can still type blindly.
I recommend using adb over ethernet instead.
4.2) Boot from USB stick works for this model.