On Apr 6, 10:52 pm, Manish Sharma <manishsharm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I miss anything it give VM aborting. I am still not understanding the
> logic of enabling HAVE_SHORT_ENUMS. If you have some idea please share.

>From the gcc "info" page:

`-fshort-enums'
     Allocate to an `enum' type only as many bytes as it needs for the
     declared range of possible values.  Specifically, the `enum' type
     will be equivalent to the smallest integer type which has enough
     room.

     *Warning:* the `-fshort-enums' switch causes GCC to generate code
     that is not binary compatible with code generated without that
     switch.  Use it to conform to a non-default application binary
     interface.

The "mterp" stuff is written in assembly, and needs to coordinate with
the gcc setting.  This is communicated through the HAVE_SHORT_ENUMS
define.

Android switched from having short-enums enabled in 1.0 to having it
disabled in cupcake.  You can either continue with the short enums or
switch to the no-short-enums.  I recommend the latter.  Whatever you
decide, you need to ensure that mterp is built with the same rule.