Hi All,

      I am new to Android and started porting native C application to
Android. It worked. Then started with shared objects. I am getting 'No such
file / directory' error. Here is the procedure.

1. Created Shared object with arm-none-linux-gnueabi toolkit.
2. For creating binary, I used
                    $arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc filename.c -o file -L.
-lfile
 This works fine. But, as we need to create static executable, if I use
static option for this, it gives me linking error throwing an error "Unable
to find the specified library".

Any guesses?

Also, when I use the following options specified in ,
http://honeypod.blogspot.com/2007/12/shared-library-hello-world-for-android.html,

*$arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld --dynamic-linker /system/bin/linker
-nostdlib -rpath /system/lib -rpath ~/tmp/android/system/lib -L . -L
~/tmp/android/system/lib -lc -lhello -o hello2 start.o main.o

*

 I am getting "cannot find -lc option" and executable is not generated.

--

Regards,
Kiran Kumar.