I agree with you. and I did that already, I submitted some "brain
damaged" code to google ( the one like preload-class change) and hope to
initiate some discussions but it did not go too far. There are other
patches, like the alarm.c sent by someone else, it did not get into
anywhere either. Also, your e2fsprogs change is another example, even it
is only one line change, but I did not get any feedback either.
I can only do this in my free time, so, if anyone else has time, please
help out.