I've read a lot of posts over the years that show that the poster was
nowhere near as knowledgeable as the general members of the group and
looks like a fool for asking for help in such a simplistic way, but I
am now doing just that, and for that, I apologize in advance.

Basically I have little knowledge about OS's and have two questions
that I have had trouble answering while looking for information about
Android as a PC operating system.  The reason I am having trouble is
essentially that all the information that I find is either targeted at
laymen and says "Android might come out for PC's" or regards specific
technical issues of compiling Android under various conditions, which
is neither what I'm looking for nor something I can understand.  While
I have general knowledge of computers, I do not use Linux and do not
understand what "compiling" is, although I understand that it is a
necessary step between downloading raw code and actually using that
code.  So my two questions are:

>From what I have read, people have successfully (to a degree)
completed the necessary steps to use Android on PC hardware (I think
this is the "compiling"?).  Despite this, I have not found any files
(like iso images or exe program files) that would allow someone
without programming capability to use Android on their own PC
hardware.  Why is this?  Is there no way to make an Android
"installer" similar to those for Linux, Windows, and Macintosh?  Is
this difficult to the degree that no one is interested in doing it?

I am interested in seeing what Android is like running on a PC (as a
primary OS), but do not wish to use one of my computers solely for
this purpose.  For this reason, I would ideally like to install it in
Microsoft Virtual PC.  From what I can tell, virtual PC uses very
generic drivers as all the hardware is virtualized, so it would seem
(to someone uneducated like me) that it would be as easy if not easier
to install (or should I say "compile"?) an OS like Android on Virtual
PC, but I have not found this mentioned on forums at all.  Is there
simply no interest, or is this difficult in a way I'm not
anticipating?

I appreciate any information posted in response to this;  It seems
difficult to find plain-English information about PC OS impementation
of Android.