On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 09:57:46AM +0530, G Shrinivas Rao wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your reply... I also have some more queries on OpenGL ES &
> Android... Actually I am trying to get knowledge about porting OpenGL ES on
> Graphics  hardware accelerators.
> - I suppose If I want to do that, then i have to write a hardware
> abstraction layer between OpenGL ES & GPUs. If my understanding is right...
> then how do i make utilizze of OpenGL ES to prot on hardware accelerators?
libagl.so is an pure software impl.  For your accelerated impl., you
need to provide libhgl.so so that libEGL.so will be able to use it.  It
is expected that libhgl.so implements and exports both eglXXX and glXXX
symbols.

And you need to make sure that what android passes to you is something
that your hw can accelerate.  E.g., surfaces based on special type
memory, etc.
> -  Is there any help available for porting of OPenGL ES on HW accelerators?
> or please give me some guidance how to proceed with porting on HW
> accelerators?
I have done some work to utilize intel 3d chipsets for acceleration.
You may want to have a look at this thread

http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/9252d8b7e95898c

You can see what parts of android need to be changed for acceleration,
and does something that fits your hw.

--
Regards,
olv