I have created a standard VESA x86 Android build (eg. without the
intelfb mods) and created the bootable USB installer but I can't get
past the message "Waiting for device: /dev/block/sdb2" when it boots,
I'm using 1000HE which has a single harddrive instead of the 2 SDD
drives in the earlier 1000 series, when I boot Ubuntu from USB and use
fdisk -l it shows the hard-drive partitions as sda1 thru sda4  and the
USB drive as sdb1 so I'm assuming the standard layout of sda being the
destination drive and sdb the USB drive, with sdb2 as the ext2
partition on the USB key is correct for this machine.

This machine currently has XP on it, did I need to delete the existing
partitions to prepare it for this?

Has anyone had this problem and solved it?  I've seen a few posts
around mentioning the same error but no obvious solutions. I'd
appreciate any pointers.

Thanks!