oh, it seems that you are using the usb drive as both source and target.
The installer.img should contain 2 partitions, while the installed image
should have 8 partitions.

It looks like that the name of hard drive is different to what the
/system/etc/disk_layout.conf specifies.
would you like to try to find the output of dmesg, specifically for the hard
drive part. See what the device is.
--
Chen