On Jul 8, 4:20 pm, JBDynamics <jer...@jbdynamics.com> wrote:
>  When first compiling with only the zlib1g and zlib1g-dev packages, it
> was ending in an Error 2: not being able to find a valid libz.so after
> a -lz search giving hits in a few different directories, but not
> finding a valid lib. So I searched the repositories and installed the
> lib32z1 deb package, and it still ended in the same error. Then I
> installed the lib32z1-dev package and it compiled like a charm. I
> believe the zlib1g* libs are 64-bit compiled, and since it is
> compiling for a 32-bit target, it needs the 32-bit compression
> Z-library.

http://source.android.com/download

Ubuntu Linux (64-bit x86)

$ sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential
zip curl sun-java5-jdk zlib1g-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib libc6-dev-
i386 lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev
lib32readline5-dev lib32z-dev

Note the last entry.  (I'm not sure when that was added.)