Thanks Shyjumon, I had tried that and surprisingly - every other
message in the logcat is about being "Out of Memory"!  The OLPC has
256 MB of RAM.  I thought that should be OK - But Surfaceflinger runs
out of memory, new programs cannot load because of being out of memory
etc.,

I wonder if thats because of loading everything into a ramdisk at /dev/
ram0 - May be if I changed the bootable/initrd scripts  to do a normal
mount of the USB Key rather than everything from the memory, I will
have some RAM free - Not sure if there is logic at all in what I am
saying, but I am gonna give it a shot this evening and will let you
guys know whats happening.

Regards,
Gani