Hi Dianne,

Thanks . I did this change in my apps/Development/AndroidManifest.xml

<!--    <uses-library android:name="com.google.android.maps" />
-->

Now i am able to see the DevTools icon on the menu's list. but i have some
observations as below:

In my currrent hardware setup,

I am doing the following steps after the android bootup:

1. mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard
With this command i am able to see the media files stored in sdcard on
platform at /sdcard.

But the Music and Video player Player icons when selected doesn't detect
sdcard. The message shown is:

"Your phone does not have an SD card inserted"

Please note that currently in our setup auto-plugin feature of sdcard is not
implemented yet and i have to insert the card before the reboot itself.

2. am broadcast -a android.intent.action.MEDIA_MOUNTED --ez read-only false
-d file:///sdcard

After this card, video player and Music player is able to detect the sdcard
and i am able to select the audio/video files for playback.

Whereas the Gallery is still showing the message :

"No Media found"

I have few questions:

a. Why this behaviour??

b. Also, when i selected the media scanner inside Dev Tools. It shows the
message  "media scanner finished scanning /sdcard" But it doesn't show any
media files.

c. Is there any other way i can store media files into the real device file
system rather than sdcard and use them for media playback by the gallery
application?

Thanks and Regards,
Sreedhar