2009/9/17 Robin Gujjar <robin.guj...@gmail.com>:
> As suface flinger uses fb0 for rendering the image and video. i want
> to change the frame buffer devices dynamically for rendering the image
> on the screen one time on Fb0 other time on Fb1. i am looking into the
> surface flinger code. but we are not able to get the pointer where to
> change for this. can simeone please give us some pointer.

hi Robin,

Indeed, there is nothing trivial to make SurfaceFlinger to switch
between /dev/graphics/fb0 and /dev/graphics/fb1.  But you can still
implement SoC/hardware specific libopencorehw and liboverlay utilizing
/dev/graphics/fb{1,2}, then image/video could be rendered
independently in these graphical overalys instead of base plane,
/dev/graphics/fb0 .

There is a reference implementation:
    http://gitorious.org/0xdroid/hardware_omap3_libopencorehw

Regards,