Thanks for your help.

I've managed to fix the issue by patching some of the Java code. The
driver was reporting the wrong event scan codes: ABS_Z instead of
ABS_Y and ABS_RX instead of ABS_X (have no idea why). When that was
fixed it was just a matter of calibrating the screen. Here are the
changes I made to services/java/com/android/server/KeyInputQueue.java:

300c300
<                             if (ev.scancode == RawInputEvent.ABS_X)
{
---
>                             if (ev.scancode == RawInputEvent.ABS_RX) {
303c303
<                             } else if (ev.scancode ==
RawInputEvent.ABS_Y) {
---
>                             } else if (ev.scancode == RawInputEvent.ABS_Z) {
597a598,601
>           absX.minValue = 0x130;
>           absX.maxValue = 0xee6;
>           absX.range = absX.maxValue - absX.minValue;

598a603,606
>           absY.minValue = 0x130;
>           absY.maxValue = 0xec0;
>           absY.range = absY.maxValue - absY.minValue;

/Jesper Nordenberg