Hello,

I tried to post this question to android-platform group, and was
advised to post it to this group instead.
Please notice that the failure have been consistently repro with
vanilla cupcake/donut bits, built and tested on MAC OS X.

Here is the original message I was trying to post:

We ran CTS tests in cupcake 1.5r2 tree and got the following failure
in test.api.java.io.OutputStreamWriterTest#test_write$C:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Error when reading bytes in
UTF-8 expected:<8916> but was:<8907> at
tests.api.java.io.OutputStreamWriterTest.test_write$C
(OutputStreamWriterTest.java:470)

We have done some changes in the tree, mostly in frameworks/base, but
we have not changed anything in dalvik project, therefore we were
suprised to see CTS failure in test_write$C. While investigating the
failure, I have tried the following:
1. Extracted source from OutputStreamWriterTest.java#test_write$C
(located in dalvik/libcore/luni/src/test/java/tests/api/java/io
folder) to make an Android application.
2. Enlisted into vanilla cupcake 1.5r2 tree, and added the application
sources into package/app subfolder. Built generic eng build, ran the
app in emulator and got the same failure as in the CTS test.
3. Downloaded and installed Android SDK-1.5r2, created a new Android
project in eclipse using the sources obtained on step #1, ran the
application in emulator and it passed (no failure)!
4. Launched the emulator from the build obtained on step #2, installed
the apk produced on step #3 (using adb install), ran the app and it
still failed. That proved that the failure is not caused by the app or
how it was built.
5. Repeated actions taken on step #2, this time with donut 1.6r1
sources. Again, built generic eng build and ran the app in emulator.
Saw exactly the same failure.

Here are the questions we have:
1. Is this a known issue?
2. Do we need to have some special build/config settings in order to
run CTS tests?

Thanks,
Sergey