2009/12/21 roc <zhang.qip...@furuno-dl.com>:
> Is there the final solution on Portng Android FS to JFFS2 file system?
> I have seen many suggestions about it, but now I am not having an
> clear idea for that,
> would anyone here like to give me some suggestions?

hi roc,

This topic was mentioned several times before.

> Take an example to be discussed:
> If the 'init' file is in the JFFS2 with both system and data, will
> android boot?

Yes, file 'init' can be read and executed once boot env and kernel setup.

> I can't make it done. I doubted whether it is caused by mmap() which
> is as known not supported by JFFS2.

JFFS2 doesn't support writable mmap, which is required by Dalvik VM.
You can mount external physical SD
card device, or some mount point with the file systems on /data other
than JFFS2.  Even tmpfs works for /data
mounting.

Sincerely,
Jim Huang (jserv)