On Feb 9, 6:34 am, Mobile Enthusiast <mobenthusi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run gdbserver on the Neo Freerunner, but I keep getting
> an illegal instruction error. It might be because the gdbserver
> executable i'm using is the one from the prebuilt/android-arm/
> directory and that's armv5 whereas I need armv4.
>
> Question:
>
> How do I confirm whether this is indeed the case?
> Where can I get a gdbserver executable that is armv4?
>
> I tried cross-compiling, but that didn't work. May have done something
> wrong with my cross-compile, but I'm not sure. If suggestion is to
> cross-compile for v4, can anyone point me to a resource? They've been
> scarce.

In particular, where is the source for the the gdbserver executable
included in prebuilt/android-arm/gdbserver/ ?

The README.txt in that directory says:

    To compile a new gdbserver, see
    //toolchain/gdb/src/gdb/gdbserver/README_ANDROID.txt

But there is no toolchain/gdb/src/ directory in the source tree.

Presumably if we had the source we could build an executable with our
armv4t toolchain.

Jim