Girish,

The device on which we are using Android shouldn't have the keygaurd
enabled, so I've disabled all of that functionality. The device gets
to the home screen on bootup, and the idea is to let the screen
timeout for it to lock itself or use the power button to force the
lock and the only the power button will unlock/wake up the device back
to the home screen or wherever it was..

Do you know where specifically the power button is handled within
Android to show the lock screen or go to sleep? I've been searching
for a bit but haven't followed all the source through..

Regards
-- Ashwin