On Mar 30, 3:17 pm, Daniele <daniele.altom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Android and I would like to have some details about porting
> Android to a real hardware target.
>
> I know there are few boards (i.mx51 from Freescale and the Beagle
> Board, both based on ARM Cortex-A8) that provide android support
>
> Basically I need some info about:
> - which ARM processors are supported by Android if I got the code
> today
> - minimum memory requirements
> - if it is possible in some way to access the real hardware: for
> example it would be nice to communicate via serial ports or USB cables
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Daniele

All arm A class processors like arm-11, cortex series should run
Android, maybe even arm9 runs.
I think the min memory requirement is what is just enough to hold the
file system which comes to about 70MB + 5MB for the kernel and user
space. But android relies on SD card space to play any multimedia.