>>Why you want to rename and AMR file to 3GP? 3GP files are usually
>>video and that get listed in Gallery Application.

3GP is only container, it can contain encoded audio/video data.,
files are listed under gallery or music app based on content type in MIME
header. (i was wrong about file extension earlier).
Eclair 2.1 Music app indeed lists .3gp file w amr-nb encoded audio data.

have a check at formats, filetypes supported at
http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/guide/appendix/media-formats.html