How do I use recovery to do an update?  I have red the information in
recovery.c, I attempted to execute a recovery from sdcard by writing --
update_package=SDCARD:update.zip into /cache/recovery/command.
Recovery never executes however, I added several prints to the
recovery code to ensure that the code ran, and never saw it in the
log.

In some of the android code the command:
__reboot(LINUX_REBOOT_MAGIC1, LINUX_REBOOT_MAGIC2,
              LINUX_REBOOT_CMD_RESTART2, "recovery");
is used with a comment that it is rebooting into recovery, however
when I executed the statement, in a program I wrote it only rebooted
as normal.

Any help about what to do would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy