Sunny,

Your narrative clearly says that you've never actually TRIED to get
anything into the Linux Kernel mainline..it takes a very concentrated
and prolonged effort to get the simplest thing reviewed and
accepted..so the changes that Google made would take a considerable
amount of time..

Google isn't necessarily the one to blame here and aren't the only
people out that the maintain a Kernel tree that parallels in the
mainline Kernel but is separate..

-- Ashwin