On Jun 27, 12:54 am, Ranganath s <rangana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I2C:   ready
> DRAM:  64 MB
> Flash:  2 MB
> NAND:  128 MiB

I have 2.1 running on an Atmel AT91SAM9263-EK board.  Running is the
operative word here.  64MB Dram is not enough to run the standard
Android image.  I removed Bluetooth, Camera, Mms, Phone, and
TelephonyProvider from the image before installing and removed the
services bootsound, bootanim, dbus, bluetoothd, hfag, hsag, opush, and
pbap from the init.rc.

The problem is that the system runs out of real memory when trying to
run applications that are required to be running (the consumer system
reboots if things like the phone code crash, just what you would
expect on a consumer phone).  Init detects these startup failures and
dies.  You can actually watch it happening on a slow processor with a
debug shell.  After the shell starts (while Dalvik is starting the
Java programs) start vmstat and logcat in the background.  The free
real memory goes to 0 as the different programs start up.  Then the
kernel panics.

My current stripped system has run for days at a time without crashing
before I reboot it.

You will need at least 128mb ram
Brad