Hello all--

I am building an android platform based on the mini2440 from
Friendlyarm. This development board has both usb host and usb device
ports. The plan is to use the usb device connector (big square one,
like on a printer) to tether to a PC.

My question is this--is there some way to force adbd to communicate
over the usb device port? I assume it's not looking there already
because plugging the board into a PC generates no activity. I can see
that adbd running as well. I've looked at the source code and it is
not clear to me how adbd selects the communication device.

I've managed to set up (using USB Gadget driver) the usb device port
so that I can communicate with a PC like a regular tty serial port--it
mounts as "/dev/ttyGS0". Can I force adbd to use this particular char
device file? Or (as I presume) does the notion not even make sense?

Thank you very much for your time