We're developing multiple products with Android 2.2 - each with
multiple customer-specific variants.   As such, we have multiple
AndroidProducts.MK files within our source tree and each of those
AndroidProducts.MK files references a few different <product>.mk file
variants

We are finding that because the Build System is scanning for each of
the AndroidProducts.MK files in the folder hierarchy and evaluating
the contents of each of the <product>.MK files, that settings which
one <product>.mk file is setting can be picked up by another product
even if we don't build that product.

For example, we are finding that because /build/target/product/core.mk
sets a few stagefright related PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES, that all of
our products (despite not being derived from core.mk) are pulling in
those system properties.

Unless we specifically take steps to ensure that our
AndroidProducts.mk file doesn't include our <product>.mk files in the
build tree, the settings which one .MK file sets are included in
another product.  The same doesn't happen for macros set inside the
BoardConfig.Mk so it would seem to be specific to the handling of the
<Product>.MK files.

Are there Recommendations/Requirements for what Macros should and
shouldn't be placed into <PRODUCT>.MK files so that we are ensured
that we can have multiple products in our folder hierarchy which don't
include unanticpated settings from another unrelated product?

Thanks