You can use the following 2 ways to test Mic Recording in Android

1. From the “Messaging” icon on the Main menu,
--->Select “New message”
--->Press “Menu button”
--->Select “Record Audio”
--->Record application UI opens
--->Press “Record button”
--->Press “Stop” button to stop Recording
--->Press “Play button” to playback the recorded file

2. From adb shell,
Execute "alsa_aplay -r ..." (Recording option 'r')

--Srikant