Hi Venkat,

The analysis which you have done about vold is correct, vold is not able to
detect the sdcard may be as the device path specified in the vold.conf is
not correct.

The path can be something like :
     /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc0
this path corresponds to the sysfs devices entry path for the sdcard. check
the entry in your sysfs for the kernel used, it might be different.

Cheers,
Rahul Soparkar