disabling starting of hciattach service from the
system/bluetooth/bluedroid/bluetooth.c or take a cleaner approach of
having the hciattach service do nothing, as in ...

service hciattach "echo usb bluetooth, nothing to do!!' or something like,
 service hciattach /system/bin/hciattach -l
   user root
# changing user to root from bluetooth is a potential security issue
# service hciattach_legacy is used instead of hciattach because, we dont
 # have nodes named ttyHS0
     group bluetooth net_bt_admin misc
     disabled
    oneshot

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Lay <lightai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Android experts,
>
> I am using USB bluetooth on Android. I have finally gotten USB
> bluetooth to work using command-line only. Bluetooth cannot be enabled
> from the UI.
>
> I suspect that hciattach is the cause because hciattach only works on
> UART. What should I do with hciattach if I am not using UART
> interface? What to do with hciattach for USB interface? Has someone
> tried this before?
>
> Thank you.

--Pavan Savoy