Hi

We have two separate audio outputs in our system and we would like to
be able to playback simultaneously on both.
We're thinking using the MixerThread to play on the main output and
the DirectOutputThread to play on the secondary output (basically,
playing an MP3 file on main output and during this playback, generate
an alarm on the secondary output).

Is this possible? Has anyone tried that already?

If this is possible, how can we instruct MixerThread to output data on
main audio output and DirectOutputThread on secondary audio output? Is
this possible using an implementation of AudioPolicyManager? Or is
this one too much related to phone audio state?

thanks
D.