I think audioflinger needs to be changed a lot for this to be
achieved.
Android is no longer restricted to mobiles only as it is being used in
many other areas like Notebooks.
I think android team would be already working on your question.So we
can expect the solution for
your problem soon as a feature added in later versions of android.

Good Luck.