On Nov 28, 9:51 pm, Ajith Kamath <sjce.aj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going through PTP now. My initial leaning of the protocol indicated
> there is no need of extra drivers.
> And that communication will be over USB transport media.
> Please provide your view on this.

Unless it already supports PTP (haven't heard of any that do) you will
need to replace the phone's USB drivers with PTP-capable ones.  Or
more likely, because others have already written them, install USB
host drivers and talk to the camera as if you were a desktop linux PC
talking to the camera using camera drivers that someone has
(hopefully?) already written for desktop linuxes.

If you want to understand the scope of the project, I'd suggest you
figure out how to pull pictures off the camera onto a desktop linux
box, using only software that you have compiled from sources
yourself.  Doing it on android will be like that, only with a lot more
things that can go wrong along the way.