looping in rowboat mailing list.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Murali K. Vemuri <
vemuri.muralikris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay,
> I kept digging further and finally found that my driver is going to XRUNs
> whenever I try to load any piece of audio .
>
> when my board completed booting, the params look like:
>
> #cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/status
> state: PREPARED
> owner_pid   : 1055
> trigger_time: 0.000000000
> tstamp      : 10.809844973
> delay       : 0
> avail       : 2048
> avail_max   : 0
> -----
> hw_ptr      : 0
> appl_ptr    : 0
>
> But when android tries to play the booting sound, it immediately changes to
> the following. And is not able to recover .
>
> #cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/status
> state: XRUN
> owner_pid   : 1055
> trigger_time: 30.074615484
> tstamp      : 39.793883833
> delay       : 0
> avail       : 2048
> avail_max   : 2083
> -----
> hw_ptr      : 2048
> appl_ptr    : 2048
>

> I am using Android RowBoat version and I am not sure if it is a known issue
> or has some_fix_I_did_not_adapt.

Which Android version(Eclair, Froyo etc) are you using? Are you building the
images yourself or using the pre-built images?

You don't need asound.conf for Android 2.2(Froyo) Rowboat port AFAIR. I have
used Rowboat froyo port on OMAP3EVM and Beagleboard as well and found no
such issues with sound.

Regards,
Amit Pundir

> any ideas?
>
> Thanks & regards
> Murali
>

> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Amit Pundir <pundira...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Murali K. Vemuri <
>> vemuri.muralikris...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Srinath and group,
>>>
>>> I made the changes in asound.conf and also I found some h/w errors and
>>> also some issues at driver, and fixed one by one. Finally I checked the
>>> BIT(or Serial) CLK & LR (Left-Right) CLK for my codec, once I got all these
>>> right, now I have the "logcat" filled with these log messages.
>>>
>>> W/AudioTrack( 1054): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x61e60
>>> user=00003000, server=00001000