Hello,

I am trying to understand how to deploy and use the different Android
platform make targets.

I am working with the following cases:
Case-1) I will need to make small modifications to the standard Android APIs
or code
Case-2) I will want to add new APIs next to the existing Android APIs
Case-3) I will want third parties to be able to develop using those APIs
under Windows and Linux
Case-4) I will want to be able to build targeting real hardware.

Android globally supports the following targets
Target-1) Creating a SDK. In This contains the basic tools like the emulator
binary and the SDK updater
Target-2) Creating a platform-x delivery (android.jar + emulator image and
such) (in 2.2. this is part of the make sdk target)
Target-3) Creating a SDK-addon (vendor.jar + and emulator image)
Target-4) Creating a build targeting real hardware.

The questions I really have is about the relationship between the SDK-addon
and a platform-x delivery.

When I create an sdk-addon it gets delivered with full emulator images but
no "android.jar". How does that work? Should I run CTS on the sdk-addon?
What is the real difference between this sdk-addon and a platform?

Is it correct I can not create a AVD with multiple sdk-addons combined?
If like expected in Case-1 and Case-2 I make changes to the Android platform
do I need to delivery a new SDK so people
can develop it or can I somehow decouple the delivery of a platform and the
sdk?
How can I ensure the different target builds match?

I figured out how to do most things here but I am still struggling on how to
use them.

Greetings