On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Ask <asifk1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to mount only data partion as ubifs rather than yaffs2 on
> the raw flash. system is yaffs2 and root is rootfs. In my device, mtd
> partion 13 is "userdata".. so i have added ubi.mtd =13 to kernel
> commmand line args and able to attach mtd13 to ubi0 device but volume
> is not created..

Verify if your .config has UBI support:

CONFIG_MTD_UBI=y
CONFIG_MTD_UBI_WL_THRESHOLD=4096
CONFIG_MTD_UBI_BEB_RESERVE=1
CONFIG_UBIFS_FS=y
CONFIG_UBIFS_FS_LZO=y
CONFIG_UBIFS_FS_ZLIB=y

> So, is there any parameters that we can pass to kernel for userdata to
> create volume ubi0_0 on ubi device ubi0. I have added following line
> to my init.rc to mount data partition as ubifs,
>
> mount ubifs ubi0_0 /data...

at user space I normally use something like:

> Or else is it possible ..if I create my userdata image as .ubi and
> flash the device by adding ubi.mtd=13 to kernel parameters?

yes.
rootfstype=ubifs ubi.mtd=<part_number> root=ubi<n>:<name>

mtd-utils has googd documentation in how to create UBI partititions,
but when I was learning I made my steps available, refer to
http://www.coding.com.br/embarcado/linux-booting-on-ubifs-partitions/

best regards,

--tm