Hi,
I am porting kernel v2.6.35 to LG GT540 Swift (Qualcomm MSM7227), but
I'm not sure am I doing it right way. There is a man who ported
v2.6.32 kernel (he released only pre-alpha version as source code and
abandoned this project), so I think it's possible.
As you may know, today Android 2.3 Gingerbread alpha version for LG
GT540 was released (I'm testing that and it's great!). This ROM uses
v2.6.29 kernel.
So, what I did is that I copied whole /arch/arm/mach-msm directory
from v2.6.32 kernel to my v2.6.35. Then I configured my kernel to use
MSM7x27 and fixed all errors that were caused by this (I copied some
files from /lib, /fs, /mm etc). After all errors were fixed, I
compiled my kernel and tried to boot with it. Unfortunately it doesn't
work. My phone freezes at first LG logo. I have a few questions:
1. Am I porting it right way?
2. Do I have to modify my system to boot with other kernel?
3. When I compile my kernel I'm getting warnings like: "warning:
passing argument 1 of 'spinlock_check' from incompatible pointer
type". Can it cause problems with boot? I'm trying to fix all
warnings.

Sources of project: https://github.com/hckk/kernel-swift-2.6.35

Greetings, hck.