On Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:06:21 AM UTC-8, MeElvis wrote:

> Take a look at the telechips website (www.telechips.com), seems the source
> for the chip is available.

Thank you for your advice. I already have this source...

> The only thing you don't have are the specific addaptions for your tablet
> but maybe
> it allows you to build your own.

There are several configuration options, and the kernel can be compiled...
But then, when I make bootable image (using this kernel and ramdisk from
clockwork recovery), and load it with fastboot, strange thing happens...

If I enter to fastboot mode from power off state by pressing "Back" and
"Power" buttons, the kernel loads, Linux logo appears on the screen and in a
few seconds the tablet turns off (kernel crash?).

In contrast, if I enter fastboot mode when tablet is already ON by pressing
"Back" and "Reset" buttons, the kernel boots and even runs init, starts adbd
and recovery utlity from ramdisk. I could even use adb to get logs from
dmesg and dump some /proc/* stuff to get the configurartion to compare it
with one from working kernel. Nevertheless, the tablet turns of in a few
minutes (another kernel crash?).

Unfortunately, there are too many variables to find the working
configuration in a short time, especially without knowledge wether some
additional patches are necessary for this board or not. This is why I posted
this question, just in case if someone has already found something...

The global idea is to migrate to Android 2.3 or even 3.0 from 2.1 that I
have and to add the ability to suspend to RAM to start faster from low power
consumption mode. I think this is impossible with the original 2.6.29
kernel.

Serguei.