On Mar 10, 11:07 pm, "Eric Wong (hdmp4.com)" <ericwon...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am not a programmer but I believe many propertiary components, such
> as video codec drivers would not be included in Telechip's public
> source code.
> That means even if you suceed in booting your own linux kernel, and
> even port your own Android OS over, it is likely that your ROM may not
> be able to fully utilize all the features of the chip itself. Did you
> realize think about this? or you already have a way to overcome this?

If the licensing of the linux kernel has been respected, it should
ultimately be possible to use the closed proprietary components with
another build that maintains the same interfaces which the proprietary
components were built against.  That's not necessarily to say it will
be easy.

> Our company is working on a TCC890x based product and we can provide
> you with hardware as well as source codes.
> The development board we have runs Android 2.2 and we can get the
> source code, we are interested to run ubuntu on it instead of Android.
> I believe this can easily be achieved by an experienced platform
> developer. Would you be interested to help us on this? Of course, we
> are also interested to upgrade it to Android 3.0 as soon as it is
> possible.

Sounds like fun.