I am trying (what others have already done) - i.e to tether other
interfaces via the eth0 interface.
i.e to share the eth0 interface unlike the current 3G/GPRS (ppp0 interface).

But I am trying to do that from the framework - Tethering.java
As I understand - The lower layer NETD @ /system/netd/ doesn't put a
restriction as to which interface can be shared.

So when currently I enable USB tethering  - which module is placing a
restriction to use the 3G/GPRS connection or the ppp0 interface?
I want modify the framework (say add a new menu entry under some
BoardConfig.mk macro - if BOARD_HAVE_ETHERNET) and
allow the usb0 or the wifi0 to tether the local eth0 connection ...

So, please provide some pointers - as to which modules forces usage of
ppp0 interface,
and is it possible to set up the Tethering via frameworks - without
writing a new EtherController.cpp sort of handler for NETD (Since I
don't think anything is necessary to be done to setup eth0 to start
sharing...)

Thanks & Regards,
--
--Pavan Savoy