> So, config_tether_upstream_regexs is an array and if I add an <item>
> to it, that interface's network can be shared...
> Ok, I understand this...
>
> but as of now - I expected to see atleast ppp0 as one of those array
> items.. - Am I wrong somewhere?

The default is an empty array - it is replaced at build time for most
products using the resource overlay feature of the build system.  If you had
access to the product-specific files you'd see these are filled in.  If your
build is tethering over ppp0, then that is getting added sometime during
your build process.

> Also is there diagram/note somewhere suggesting the use of
> dnsmasq/iptables via NETD - instead of traditional linux's
> (ubuntu/meego) BRIDGE ioctl ?

No, there's no diagram or note.  As I understand it, bridging is extending
the network to include the bridged nodes.  Since the user doesn't control
the carriers network they shouldn't/can't add nodes to the carriers network.
 We're doing NAT instead.  In a BT or LAN environment bridging may work
well, but our main use case was getting internet access remotely (mobile
data) and for that NAT was needed.

Note that we will be doing bridging in ipv6 environments in the future.