what is the most often used battery charging strategy on android phones?
 I want to know things like,

 1. when I have powered off the phone - which mode is it in ?
 Completely powered-off ?
 2. when I power-off the phone and plug in the charger - How does it
 detect the USB-based charger in the 1st place?
 What is that some piece of code running ?

 3. If I power-off the phone and if it does get into some sort of
 boot-loader mode, does it mean If I power-off the phone for a long
 time the battery eventually drains out ?

 4. when battery shows low on any phone - what is the minimum it needs
 to keep up to power-up again?

 Note:
 I tried googling, but apparently it is different for different phones,
 and examples here would help.

 --
 --Pavan Savoy

--