On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Tez <earlencefe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  1. when I have powered off the phone - which mode is it in ?
>  Completely powered-off ?
> some of the phones like the Desire HD don't actually totally power
> off, they go in to a deep sleep mode.

Is there a link to the code - or boot-loader code that they run ...
I suppose something should be running, because I see the LCD lit up
with manufacturer logo + an animation while charging, which cannot all
be done by some minimalistic boot-loader sort of code I suppose....

So deep sleep with linux still running probably make sense...

> 2. when I power-off the phone and plug in the charger - How does it
>  detect the USB-based charger in the 1st place?
>
> if it is totally powered off, i think there must be a secondary
> charger cicuit.

Yes, but still surprising how the complex animations are put up ?

> What is that some piece of code running ?
> it can be manufacturer specific (desire HD).

Would it be open-source...

> -Earlence
>

> On Mar 28, 11:46 am, Pavan Savoy <pavan.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  what is the most often used battery charging strategy on android phones?
>>  I want to know things like,
>>
>>  1. when I have powered off the phone - which mode is it in ?
>>  Completely powered-off ?
>>  2. when I power-off the phone and plug in the charger - How does it
>>  detect the USB-based charger in the 1st place?
>>  What is that some piece of code running ?
>>
>>  3. If I power-off the phone and if it does get into some sort of
>>  boot-loader mode, does it mean If I power-off the phone for a long
>>  time the battery eventually drains out ?
>>
>>  4. when battery shows low on any phone - what is the minimum it needs
>>  to keep up to power-up again?
>>
>>  Note:
>>  I tried googling, but apparently it is different for different phones,
>>  and examples here would help.
>>
>>  --
>>  --Pavan Savoy
>>

>> --