I turned on the logging in
frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/RIL.java.

I then rebuilt and reflashed my developer phone.

But I don't see any of the messages in the logcat.

I also turned on Log.d messages in packages/apps/Phone and I DO see them
just fine.

Out of desperation I put some Log.e() messages in there as well. Still
nothing. I have no idea why it's not working. I can't put a break in the
debugger to see if this code is actually being executed, because eclipse
gives this error: 'No opened project found for com.android.settings'. Debug
seession failed!'.

Has anybody ever seen a Log.d or Log.e message appear from internal
framework source?
Does anybody have any clues here?