Thanks David.

I checked out the latest code and have started to fiddle with it. I am trying
to run this on x86 inside VirtualBox.

I have a few questions and would be glad if you could help:

1. I built everything inside shared and system and tests/gles_android_wrapper.
That produced the EGL, GLES_v1 and GLES_v2 libraries. I copied these to my
device along with the egl.cfg and gles_emul.cfg

2. do I need to build gralloc also? I did build it and planted it in
system/lib/gralloc.default.so; overwriting the gralloc.default.so for the
software only renderer.

3. now I need to build a renderer application which can render it remotely. I
tried building host/renderer on Linux. Ideally I want to build this on Windows?
Is it possible?
the resulting emulator_renderer binary (on Linux) failed to initialize
frame-buffer because of unsupported EGL_RENDERABLE_TYPE in eglChooseConfig.

To reiterate, I ideally want to build the emulator_renderer on Windows. Is it
possible? Is there an alternate way to render this remotely on Windows? How?

Am I completely off track or is this really the way to get this thing to run?

Thanks
Suman