On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Suman Saraf <sumansa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks David.
>
> I checked out the latest code and have started to fiddle with it. I am
> trying to run this on x86 inside VirtualBox.
>
> I have a few questions and would be glad if you could help:
>
> 1. I built everything inside shared and system and
> tests/gles_android_wrapper. That produced the EGL, GLES_v1 and GLES_v2
> libraries. I copied these to my device along with the egl.cfg and
> gles_emul.cfg
>
> sounds about right.

> 2. do I need to build gralloc also? I did build it and planted it in
> system/lib/gralloc.default.so; overwriting the gralloc.default.so for the
> software only renderer.
>
> nope, this doesn't work yet.

> 3. now I need to build a renderer application which can render it remotely.
> I tried building host/renderer on Linux. Ideally I want to build this on
> Windows? Is it possible?
> the resulting emulator_renderer binary (on Linux) failed to initialize
> frame-buffer because of unsupported EGL_RENDERABLE_TYPE in eglChooseConfig.
>
> the only one that works is ut_renderer for now. And usage is a bit
specific. forget about emulator_renderer for now.

> To reiterate, I ideally want to build the emulator_renderer on Windows. Is
> it possible? Is there an alternate way to render this remotely on Windows?
> How?
>
> Am I completely off track or is this really the way to get this thing to
> run?

This work is in progress and *very very* experimental. I would like to ask
you to be patient before trying to use it. usage instructions are going to
change a lot in the coming weeks so I prefer not to document these
officially.

Thanks for your comprehension

- David