Hi

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:57:03 PM UTC+2, Jeffrey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is the command (same as that in init.gprs-pppd called by RIL)
> C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb shell
> # /system/bin/pppd  /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 mru 1280 mtu 1280 nodetach
> debug dump defaultroute usepe pdefault ipcp-accept-local ipcp-accept-
> remote connect-delay 5000 linkname ppp0
>

> Could anyone please help
> 1)      Any suggestion on how to get ppp logs (if it is invoked by
> RIL)?

Big chances you are having problems with permissions.

2)      Any idea why invoking ppp from RIL give a different result
> than  from the command prompt?
>
> -Enable debugging in pppd and also look at the output of dmesg
-Try and us run-as to run your code as less privileged user.

The problem I had was that ttyUSB was created with user/group root and that
things running
as "system" user will not be granted access to the device nodes. The
solution for me was to
give the ttyUSB0 node the "vpn" group.

An other problem I had but this is probably not related to this is that the
user starting pppd needs the capabilities
to perform network operations e.g. be parts of the inet net_raw and
net_admin groups

 /* can create AF_INET and AF_INET6 sockets */
 /* can create raw INET sockets */
 /* can configure interfaces and routing tables. */

Greetings