Please warn me if I am posting this to a wrong group.

I want to know how is the information regarding clickable areas of the
screen stored with the screen. Like, there are many clickable areas on a
screen.When I click on any area which is not clickable then nothing
happens.The input handler somehow gets the coordinates of the area where i
touched and it sends it somewhere for processing, which says that it is not
a clickable region on the screen and it does nothing. If it was a clickable
region then it have some information stored(somehow) somwhere which tells it
what to do. How does it maintain information that if the user touches a
particular part of the screen then it has to do a particular operation?
(which has to be different for every screen)

Thanks in advance!!!