Hi,

I'm porting Android 1.6 Donut to a Freescale i.MX233 EVK board and I'm having a
problem when recording audio. Let me introduce my problem.

What works:
- playing audio with alsa_aplay;
- recording audio with alsa_aplay -C;
- playing audio inside Android (e.g. with Music player).
What doesn't work:
- recording audio inside Android (e.g. with SpeakWrite or with the builtin
SoundRecorder)

The problem I get is similar to this:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/0c08af7b7e3a37e8
but I've managed to solve the "Unknown PCM AndroidPlayback" by adding a proper
entry in asound.conf.
Unfortunately I still get the "Failed to Initialize any ALSA PLAYBACK device:
Unknown error: -16" problem.

I've googled for a solution but I did not found anything relevant.

Here you are my asound.conf: http://pastebin.com/bbRtWhyd
alsa_amixer output: http://pastebin.com/SnWWxzxE

I'm trying to find were the error comes from and I got to the
"snd_pcm_open_conf" function in "src/pcm/pcm.c":
http://tinyurl.com/6ymgtcj

I've modified it this way to print some output debug:
http://pastebin.com/Rtbd81JG
and I get is:
http://pastebin.com/gktYstxT

I don't get while I see the "err = ..." line multiple times, and it's not clear
to me what's happening in this method. Can anybody help me?

Thank you,
Diego