On Jul 19, 4:16 pm, Diego <diego.rond...@kynetics.it> wrote:
> Another step: I found out I can use busybox's "fuser". I get:
> # busybox fuser /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
> 1788
> # ps | busybox grep 1788
> media     1788  1     17636  1212  ffffffff afe0c51c S /system/bin/
> mediaserver
>
> So the pcmC0D0p is opened by the mediaserver process, which seems
> normal to me (if I manually kill mediaserver, it restarts and occupies
> again pcmC0D0p). Is this behaviour correct?
> And why should it prevent the possibility to record audio?

Hello, it's me again with my soliloquy.
The answer is "yes, it's the correct behaviour" that pcmC0D0p is
opened by mediaserver, the problem is that pcmC0D0p is the playback
device, while during capture it should open pcmC0D0c. So the problem
is that it shouldn't try to open AndroidPlayback, but it should open
AndroidCapture (while I've seen a lot of other people with recording
problems with the message about "AndroidPlayback"). The problem is
that in "hardware/alsa_sound/alsa_default.cpp" I get a handle with
direction "SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK" instead of
"SND_PCM_STREAM_CAPTURE". Anybody else with this problem?

Thanks,
Diego