2011/8/23 Adrien Ferré <ferre.adr...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use updatedd in Android. Updatedd is a tool allowing to publish
> IP address changes to ovh, noip, dyndns, ...
>
> I managed to build it using the following:
>
> export PATH=<path_to_code_sourcery_toolchain>/bin
>
> ./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
>
> make
>
> sudo make install
>

> But now that i have copied the binaries in Android, when I launch i have a
> "updatedd not found", whether i run using /system/bin/updatedd or go int
> /system/bin/ and type updatedd or ./updatedd.
>
> For the moment, I just need to figure out why I have this error. For later
> use, I'd also like to know how to integrate this into the android dev tree,
> so that I can build it when building android.

First of all you should build your project as a part of AOSP. You will find
many such examples in $AOSP/external/.

If you don't build your project as a part of AOSP then you should use
Android's arm-eabi- toolchain to cross-compile. Here is a quick guide
http://pundiramit.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-build-commom-linux-utils-for.htmlwhich
I follow to build common Linux debug utils e.g. devmem2, fbset etc

Regards,
Amit Pundir