Busybox is already built in by the nice guys at zii labs.

My problem is init fails during init.rc loading before any service manages
to start, including adbd.

By best guess is that it's a problem with ueventd crashing and causing the
system to reboot since it's marked as critical.
I've been guessing that ueventd.rc is not required and I haven't been using
it.
Also, all of the drivers are loaded as kernel modules in the init.rc, not in
the init.goldfish.rc which I think would be normal.

If these files are missing, would this cause ueventd startup to crash?

On 25 August 2011 11:30, Yan Weichuan <yan.weich...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know what you can do in the device. Just some common
> suggestion.
>
> 1. Build a ramdisk with busybox into kernel, and boot this ramdisk to
> shell
> 2. mount the android partition, and switch to android by switch_root
> command, I think you can get some info by this way.
>
> On Aug 25, 5:17 am, Radu Iscu <linke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > Here's the skinny: I'm trying to port the honeycomb to the ziio 7 and I
> have
> > to say that I can't even get the bare bones init.rc to boot.
> > I left the kernel partition intact as there's no point in messing with
> that
> > (there's no recovery partition so the kernel doubles as a rescue). It
> holds
> > a 2.6.29 kernel, which is the same as the default one in 3.0.
> >
> > I never managed to get to a point where I have the new init/ueventd
> working.
> > The device gets stuck in a boot loop, never getting passed the kernel
> logo.
> >
> > I've tried putting exec logcat -d -f here and there in the init process,
> > hoping for some clues, but that doesn't seem to be working.
> > Also there is nothing in /data/dontpanic/
> >
> > Any ideas about what I should do to get a clue about what's going on?
> >
> > --
> > Radu Iscu
> > Tel: 0742082607

Radu Iscu