/dev/alarm is necessary. It comes from a kernel patch called "android
alarm". you have to patch it to regular kernel on your own.
Without it, AlarmManagerService will have trouble to setup alarm.

RTC is rarely referred directly in android. however, SystemServer will read
current time using gettiemofday.  our kernel gives the value from RTC intial
value. if it is 0, or (other uninitialized value), it's possible to crash
AlarmManagerService later.

thanks,
--lx

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:48 PM, extrapedestrian <extra.pedestr...@gmail.com